Live sports Betting

Want to go off topic then this is the place to do it.
georoc01
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Live sports Betting

Post by georoc01 »

So last July Colorado introduced sports betting to our gambling portfolio in the state. Since it was during the pandemic and most sports were shut down at the time, other than a major increase in sports gaming commercials, I really didn't see a change.

Well, last night for the 2nd time since the pandemic I was out in a sports bar. And boy has it changed.

Basically it allows you to bet not only on games. But bet on plays within a sporting event. So when a batter comes up in Sidey's dodger game, you can bet whether he will get a hit, what type of hit, make an out, what type of out. get a walk etc. With odds updated after every batter.

So you have all these people on their phones placing bets all game long. Bets are small. But like penny slots, all of those bets add up over time.

I remember when phones were banned from the sports books in Vegas. Has this changed with live betting? I'm guessing they would have to allow people if that has become the primary way of placing bets rather than at the window.
Wildfire
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by Wildfire »

georoc01 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:14 am So last July Colorado introduced sports betting to our gambling portfolio in the state. Since it was during the pandemic and most sports were shut down at the time, other than a major increase in sports gaming commercials, I really didn't see a change.

Well, last night for the 2nd time since the pandemic I was out in a sports bar. And boy has it changed.

Basically it allows you to bet not only on games. But bet on plays within a sporting event. So when a batter comes up in Sidey's dodger game, you can bet whether he will get a hit, what type of hit, make an out, what type of out. get a walk etc. With odds updated after every batter.

So you have all these people on their phones placing bets all game long. Bets are small. But like penny slots, all of those bets add up over time.

I remember when phones were banned from the sports books in Vegas. Has this changed with live betting? I'm guessing they would have to allow people if that has become the primary way of placing bets rather than at the window.
Well sounds interesting. I guess it is all by elastic account no cash ever exchange hands. I am still old school placing my bet at the window. I have stepped up to using the kiosks. But I think I will pass for now on using my phone.

Plus I guess you have to be in Colorado to have an account and bet online with your phone.