Hypothetical.Question For You Alls

Everything about the brothel life is here.
Ironman
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Hypothetical.Question For You Alls

Post by Ironman »

OK.I know some.of you are more In the know on this Stuff then me. I got a buddy that thinks he wants to hypothetical anyway open a brothel.

So how would he go about that?

I.know about the residents requirements, but not much else.  I am also not really sure he has the cash flow to even attempt this type of a business venture.

But for argument sake lets say he does.

1 Are there even any license and or properties available?

2 Where does he go to at least explore the idea. Assuming he is not biting off more than he can chew?
I am here so none of you all Turkey's, steal my screen name.
Ironman
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Ironman »

I don't know if he has that kind of cash flow.

Be interesting though to see what the actual  ownership requirements are. You never know he might be able to find investors.
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

I would think there are several unused Lic available. There use to be several houses in Winnemucca and now none.
I’d only recommend along I80 or Chicken Ranch, Sheri’s location
A Lady can ask any price and the client can always walk. If you accept her offer it's on you so don't bitch about it!
Ironman
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Ironman »

SixT9er link wrote: I would think there are several unused Lic available. There use to be several houses in Winnemucca and now none.
I’d only recommend along I80 or Chicken Ranch, Sheri’s location
Yeah I don't know what his resources are. Not sure exactly what the ownership requirements are either, but I told him I would research it a little bit. I sent him the link to this topic so he can follow the discussion.
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

Ironman link wrote: Yeah I don't know what his resources are. Not sure exactly what the ownership requirements are either, but I told him I would research it a little bit. I sent him the link to this topic so he can follow the discussion.
First figure which counties allow it then contact the counties and see which have Lic available. Then research the counties interested in that have Lic available
A Lady can ask any price and the client can always walk. If you accept her offer it's on you so don't bitch about it!
Dr. Who
250 Posts!
250 Posts!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DW_TheTimeLord

Post by Dr. Who »

So, are you looking to buy a brothel, IM?  ;D ;D  8) 

The LRV has just been sitting there unoccupied, since Hof died.  I haven't heard any news about what Suzette is going to do with that property, since she doesn't have a brothel license for the LRV.  Might be a potential opportunity for your friend, but whether Nye Co. would even grant a new brothel license to anyone is the multi-million dollar question.  Southern Nevada could use some additional brothels considering how many have been lost over the years.

The city of Elko cut back on the number of brothel licenses to 4 (from 5) last year, so there's none available in Elko.
wrb55roscojr
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by wrb55roscojr »

Ironman link wrote: I don't know if he has that kind of cash flow.

Be interesting though to see what the actual  ownership requirements are. You never know he might be able to find investors.
If you read the article . Is $4,500,000.00 .Or 4.5 million dollars, for everything!But can ''he '' past the background, and the money? And if he goes with partners, they too must past the background ...Remember what happen with Lance Gilman@ The Mustang.....Do he want the headache of running the place ?
Last I heard , before christmas The LRV was in talks to sell........But never heard what happened. Good luck...
Ironman
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Ironman »

Dr. Who link wrote: So, are you looking to buy a brothel, IM?  ;D ;D  8) 

The LRV has just been sitting there unoccupied, since Hof died.  I haven't heard any news about what Suzette is going to do with that property, since she doesn't have a brothel license for the LRV.  Might be a potential opportunity for your friend, but whether Nye Co. would even grant a new brothel license to anyone is the multi-million dollar question.  Southern Nevada could use some additional brothels considering how many have been lost over the years.

The city of Elko cut back on the number of brothel licenses to 4 (from 5) last year, so there's none available in Elko.
? Not me no money, but if he were to actually pull it off. I would consider working for him in some capacity.
dreamscometrue
Noob
Noob

Post by dreamscometrue »

This article was from two years ago...has it changed ownership since then?
MrTShirt
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by MrTShirt »

One point of contact should be Bobbi, owner of the Shady Lady.  She can add insight on the business.  Note, she is retired and the Shady Lady is closed.
Prospector Bob
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Prospector Bob »

wrb55roscojr link wrote: If you read the article . Is $4,500,000.00 .Or 4.5 million dollars, for everything!But can ''he '' past the background, and the money? And if he goes with partners, they too must past the background ...Remember what happen with Lance Gilman@ The Mustang.....Do he want the headache of running the place ?
Last I heard , before christmas The LRV was in talks to sell........But never heard what happened. Good luck...
Yup, any investors names would also have to be on the brothel license & pass county scrutiny.
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
Ironman
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Ironman »

Prospector Bob link wrote: Yup, any investors names would also have to be on the brothel license & pass county scrutiny.
I guess he will just have to worry about that if he can pull the cash together.

At this point it was just an idea he had it may never progress beyond the idea stage. But I will pass the information along and let him decide rather or not he wants to explore his idea any further.
Wildfire
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by Wildfire »

SixT9er link wrote: First figure which counties allow it then contact the counties and see which have Lic available. Then research the counties interested in that have Lic available
I don't understand why everyone says licenses available ? 
Because under Nevada State law only one county Clark can not have brothels .  All other counties are by local option and in some counties they have passed the option down to just incorporated cities in that county.  Elko County is and example of only incorporated cities can have and regulate brothels .
The governing body county or city may choose how many brothels and the location of the brothels under their jurisdiction. So no fixed or perset number of licence as some may claims .    And at any time the county / city may choose to close all the brothels and basically nothing a brothel owner can do to stop the closing / outlawing . 

So anyone who has money to invest in a brothel just hope they can afford to lose it because it's not a sound investment although it might be fun at times.
Last edited by Wildfire on Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrTShirt
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by MrTShirt »

Wildfire link wrote: I don't understand why everyone says licenses available ? 
Because under Nevada State law only one county Clark can not have brothels .  All other counties are by local option and in some counties they have passed the option down to just incorporated cities in that county.  Elko County is and example of only incorporated cities can have and regulate brothels .
The governing body county or city may choose how many brothels and the location of the brothels under their jurisdiction. So no fixed or perset number of licence as some may claims .    And at any time the county / city may choose to close all the brothels and basically nothing a brothel owner can do to stop the closing / outlawing . 

So anyone who has money to invest in a brothel just hope they can afford to lose it because it's not a sound investment although it might be fun at times.
Some cities / counties may feel they only want so many licenses.  Once those are allocated, no more.  If one license is turned in, then it becomes available.

Also, some guys dream of owning a brothel for the supposedly free sex when the girls aren't busy with customers.  A business is a business and a wayward dick can ruin the business.
Wildfire
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by Wildfire »

MrTShirt link wrote: Some cities / counties may feel they only want so many licenses.  Once those are allocated, no more.  If one license is turned in, then it becomes available.

Also, some guys dream of owning a brothel for the supposedly free sex when the girls aren't busy with customers.  A business is a business and a wayward dick can ruin the business.

So as I said there is no fixed number of licenses it is totally up to the local governing body no limit has been set by the State Of Nevada . Plus anything dealing with brothels are ruled by a simple majority vote of the governing body.

Well the wayward dirk never hurt business in Mound House . 
MrTShirt
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by MrTShirt »

Wildfire link wrote:
...Well the wayward dirk never hurt business in Mound House .
Must owners / managers become losers at playing that game.
But, true to form, they have a ready excuse.  They lie to others and lie to themselves.
Ironman
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Ironman »

MrTShirt link wrote: Must owners / managers become losers at playing that game.
But, true to form, they have a ready excuse.  They lie to others and lie to themselves.
? Yeah I don't think that would be in his plans. He would no pun intended be a hands off owner in that regard. If he were to actually own one. He would not follow the path left by DH. If he actually gets to the point where he wants to and is allowed to open a brothel I won't let him stray down that path.?