Is "open" discussion of LPIN prices of value to anyone?

Everything about the brothel life is here.
Dirk Diggler
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Is "open" discussion of LPIN prices of value to anyone?

Post by Dirk Diggler »

I'm curious what others think about it. To me, there really is no value in openly discussing prices. For one, if a client actually did get a good deal/discount it likely would alienate the lady should they discuss that price publically.
Additionally, anything posted publically has to be taken with a grain of salt. I liken it to gambling how you always hear the story about how your friend hit it big one night, but they certainly never regale you with all the times they lost money. People openly talking about prices fall into the same type of category for me, so I'm skeptical to say the least.

I think mostly it just stirs distrust and resentment within the community.

Private discussions is something altogether different, though discretion and good judgment is still important imho.

Dirk
Chicagobob
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by Chicagobob »

I have learned (the hard way) not to kiss & tell. I might write a review about the party, but I'm done discussing price.  It just pisses off the ladies. 

Nobody else is going to get the same party for the same price as I do anyways.
Last edited by Chicagobob on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's more about the journey than the destination!
Dr. Who
250 Posts!
250 Posts!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DW_TheTimeLord

Post by Dr. Who »

I'm with CB!  ;) 8) 
TC
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by TC »

It’s not needed and I don’t miss it. I do empathize with how frustrating it must be to plan a trip without really knowing how to prepare a budget, especially if you’re not local. I can’t think of another service where the client and provider are both obligated not to speak about price.

On the other hand I can also understand there are a lot of variables, and what a can of worms it could open for the lady. As always with this industry there is a human/emotional element that leave the waters (the wet spot?) a little murky.

I dont have an answer. But it’s not a dealbreaker IMO. And this place is more peaceful without it, that’s for damn sure.
Last edited by TC on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

Open discussion really only benefits the Lurkers. By not allowing it, it forces them to either just take a chance or get involved with the board, become friends with other posters and then eventually they’ll develop enough trust where if they ask another poster for a ballpark they’ll get it but it should always be with the caveat that YMMV
A Lady can ask any price and the client can always walk. If you accept her offer it's on you so don't bitch about it!
RunningSquirrel
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by RunningSquirrel »

In part, it was due to "open discussion of LPIN prices" on the SIN board and the residual tangents that flew off into other lengthy directions that led to the creation of this board (thank you, RV)--to get away from all that. So, yeah, great points have already been previously made.  As The Mighty Peanut said, it's a lot more peaceful this way.
dbldblu51
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by dbldblu51 »

OK this exact topic showed up on "the other board" as well.  Here is what I posted "over there" but numbers redacted so I don't get in trouble "over here".

I came to this board looking for pricing information as well as general information.  There is the occasional post mentioning price and even if it turns into a pissing contest it is valuable to me.  I found out that the MBR is reputed to be the most expensive in the culdesac which is valuable to know.  There is a pricing survey which indicates that $XXX (if I remember correctly) is the average at a particular house I was interested in.  This is very valuable to me as it is more than I am willing to pay.  So, pricing is valuable to me personally. I would think it would be valuable to most members of the board/forum.  It is harmful to the ladies no doubt as it keeps some of us away.  Well maybe on my birthday or something.
dbldblu51
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by dbldblu51 »

Oh yeah, this topic "over there" includes a poll.  The results so far are that those members find pricing information valuable by a wide margin.
Chicagobob
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by Chicagobob »

KittiMinx link wrote: You have the gift of "Bob Magic".  ;)
Awww...  You are such a sweetheart Miss Kitti  :)
Dirk Diggler
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Dirk Diggler »

dbldblu51 link wrote: Oh yeah, this topic "over there" includes a poll.  The results so far are that those members find pricing information valuable by a wide margin.

Pricing information can be very valuable I agree, if that information is accurate. It’s that particular caveat that is problematic and you really have no way of knowing unless you try for yourself. I think we can all agree that inaccurate information is worthless information....or worse.

Case in point is the MLBR that you mentioned. It is possible that collectively it is more expensive than similar houses, but we certainly don’t know that for a fact. I do know for a fact that I have partied there at a comparable price as any other negotiation based house.

This is where inaccurate information can be harmful as it leads prospective clients to form conclusions that may not be accurate and they could be missing out on some great experiences.

I think experienced LPIN clients understand that YMMV is probably the most truthful thing you can say about this industry, houses, or ladies and the only way you will know what works best for you is to experience it yourself.

In the past I have discussed general ranges of prices at some houses based on my experience and in hindsight I probably did a disservice to those newer to LPIN, because they don’t yet understand that everyone’s experience is their own and theirs alone.

Dirk
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

I think Goldie’s response on the other board sums it up perfectly
A Lady can ask any price and the client can always walk. If you accept her offer it's on you so don't bitch about it!
rachelvarga
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!
Twitter: http://x.com/rachelbombx

Post by rachelvarga »

The difference between BrothelLife and SIN are much more than others would have you believe. Recently they posted a poll asking members if talk of pricing and negotiation makes SIN more valuable. They stated they would never censor the discussion of pricing and negotiation.

Is the talk of price and negotiation the only thing that separates BrothelLife and SIN? The difference between BrothelLife and SIN are numerous. Respect and fairness to all members is a requirement to participate here. BrothelLife is about giving the LPIN community a place to talk and have fun. It's about neutrality. You can't be fair if only guys can talk about pricing and girls can't because of the law.

People do talk about negotiations here. There is a positive way to give advice and a negative way. We prefer the positive.

I think that what's going on here is that SIN is not the de facto board for LPIN anymore and that the good old boy network is coming to an end so it's just stirring up unnecessary drama.

BrothelLife is not going anywhere.

(I edited this because we don't need anymore drama.)
Last edited by rachelvarga on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

Chuckar chaser link wrote:
  I don't go to the brothel for Drama I get plenty of that 40 to 60 hours a week.
Amen!
rachelvarga
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by rachelvarga »

KittiMinx link wrote: I'll just say this - Prices for things the houses set in stone (such as minimums required to use house-provided amenities like suites, bungalows, etc) I do think should be made easily accessible public knowledge with the notation that because we're ICs that may or may not also include the Courtesan and her services for any amount of time (that part would still have to be negotiated). So at least newbies coming in know what to budget if by chance they do want to use luxury amenities.  Because we can't make the minimum costs to use the amenities themselves any less through negotiation. I sympathize with the new people who just want to figure out how much to budget before they make their trips out and don't want to risk it being all for nought.

With price talk, many who are stuck in their ways from the old wild west days will cling onto it as long as they can. They don't care about how that talk affects other people - Ladies and clients alike. So long as they got their deals and egos stroked that's all that matters. If they can't brag about prices paid or shame certain courtesans for being out of their budget they don't know how else to participate in the community aspect of the hobby. So they do think talking about prices is valuable. Others, with more open understanding minds, know there's just so many variables at play such talk is pointless and doesn't amount to much of anything - there's other things to talk about.

Anyway, who wants pizza?

You are absolutely right.
Cobia
5000 Posts!
5000 Posts!

Post by Cobia »

I will NEVER or have NEVER told price or details about parties.  It is called " Respect " !!

Yes, I have caught hell for not telling but that is tough $hit.
If you don't like the way I'm livin then leave this long haired country boy alone.
rachelvarga
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by rachelvarga »

Here's the thing.  They are taking things out of context.  Besides price guides,  people aren't quoting actual prices most of the time.

I thought it was clear that the rule is there to stop the nonstop pricing threads. I know people understand that and so do they. This is just more SIN drama.

I edited my earlier post because I don't want this board to turn into SIN or a bitch about SIN board. I am guilty of this but no more. We have members on both boards and some come here to get away from SIN.

I made the first step to stop this crap.  If the SIN management wants to use these tactics to keep trying to suck me back into a fight so they can say,  "See,  she broke the truce. " have at it.

I don't care about that. Going forward I will look at ways to make things better for our members and welcome anyone that feels the same. I won't play these childish games. People go to brothels to escape drama and bullshit. They go to forums to have fun and talk with like minded people so that should be bullshit free also and this site was made to be bullshit free.

It's not s SIN to be a part of the BrothelLife.
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

Bottom line:

If you need to discuss prices openly go to another board because it isn’t allowed here.

It’s really very simple

The value of the ability to discuss prices openly is to be determined by each individual and if needed there is a board elsewhere they can do that.

I used to discuss prices openly but haven’t for a few years now. Not out of fear of reprisals from Ladies but because I decided it wasn’t anyone else’s business but my own and the Ladies. I never had a Lady “cut me off” or even say anything to me about the posts or reports where I shared prices, I’ve made my decision all on my own to no longer openly discuss prices.
Chicagobob
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by Chicagobob »

Cobia link wrote: I will NEVER or have NEVER told price or details about parties.  It is called " Respect " !!

Yes, I have caught hell for not telling but that is tough $hit.
Smart man!  I finally figured it out, but it took a couple of hard punches from the ladies, haha! 
Last edited by Chicagobob on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicagobob
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by Chicagobob »

Rachel Varga link wrote: ...  I don't care about that. Going forward I will look at ways to make things better for our members and welcome anyone that feels the same. I won't play these childish games. People go to brothels to escape drama and bullshit. They go to forums to have fun and talk with like minded people so that should be bullshit free also and this site was made to be bullshit free.
That's a great attitude...  when they go low, you go higher! 
I for one am proud to be a member of this board.  It's a place where grown ups can go to hang out and visit in a civilized manner. 
MrTShirt
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by MrTShirt »

The simple solution to determine pricing is to visit several ladies at several houses and ask them their prices.

Many people vacation in Vegas.  It is only a hour drive to four houses and 30 ladies.
Many people vacation in Reno.  A hour drive can get you to more houses and more ladies.

Plus, if you visit in the bars you can get to know some of the mongers and some of the web sites.

A newbie's visit to a house is like a three hour visit to a college campus, it is just the start of a long process.