How I See My Duty As A Citizen

Everything about the brothel life is here.
sgtaliin9150
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Re: How I See My Duty As A Citizen

Post by sgtaliin9150 »

Rachel Varga link wrote: By the way what is the proper term? big rig, 18-wheeler, or what?
All those work. Technically it's a tractor. Some people call them Semi-Trucks, but that actually refers to the trailer. Semi means half, and the trailer is only half supported on it's own axles. The other half is supported by the tractor or a landing gear when no tractor is attached.

So the next time a guy says he has a semi in his pants, be concerned. He's only got half a penis.

Last edited by sgtaliin9150 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
rachelvarga
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!
Twitter: http://x.com/rachelbombx

Post by rachelvarga »

Okay,  so this is something that bothers me.

I just became a citizen and I swore an oath to this country, those born here are under that oath too. It's a social contract. I believe we as citizens have a duty to this country. That is to defend and do whatever it takes to keep it together.

Truck drivers do their duty, utility workers do theirs, and all other essential service workers do theirs. It is everyone elses duty to not spread this virus. The country uses an economy dependent on the spending of money and right now very little is flowing. It's everyone's duty to minimize this so we don't collapse. People think only the military has duties but it's not just them.

" that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law. "
That is the civilian duty. Right now that duty is pretty easy. Go home and wait for now.  It just burns me up when I see people on the beach or out doing stuff that is not needed. This means that brothels are not essential right now. No one can convince me otherwise.

I went home so that I would not get this and pass to another which might kill somone. Especially an elderly person. If I get sick it adds to the misery. That was my duty, to get in and not pass it. That is my duty and I take it serious.

Everyone else should too so why are you out asking truck drivers what they are hauling? Because you don't cherish your citizenship and and spit all over it.

Toilet paper. Pffft. Wipe your ass with a leaf like humans did for millions of years.
Boone
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by Boone »

It shows how soft and spoiled people have become in this country. 
NavySteve
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by NavySteve »

You hit the nail on the head Rachel. As much as I want to go out and find some social interaction, I know it is in the best interest to stay home for my health and the health of others. Normally I don't think of being 69 years old, but now reality sets in as I am in the group most vulnerable. I still have so much I want to do in my life.
sgtaliin9150
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by sgtaliin9150 »

I wish more people had this mindset. I love my job as a truck driver. Never did I think I would have to worry about ordinary people harassing me for the freight in my trailer.

On the other hand, I've never had so many people thank me for the job that I do. Normally, truck drivers are viewed as second class citizens and treated pretty poorly. It's sad to see that an event like this occur for people to see how critical truck drivers and other "low" class professions are all the time.

The idiot hoarders have made it hard for me to keep supplies in my truck. The last walmart I went to was completely out of paper towels, dry foods, water, and cleanser. They had frozen food and while I do have a fridge in my truck, it is small, not a freezer, and frozen goods go bad quicker.

Today, I am picking up a 45000 pound load of flour, which is about the maximum weight i can legally pull, from Montana, going to Sacremento, CA. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned because that's another product people have been hording.

Thanks for your words Rachel. Be safe everyone, and stay at home please.
Prospector Bob
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Prospector Bob »

I'm pretty much resigned to be cooped up here at home except when it's absolutely necessary to go out. I wanted to go do some shooting at the rifle range but there's gonna be a big hassle getting on the range so I won't go. In an email, the club officers said they're only allowing five members on the range at any one time. That means there will be a line of cars outside the gate waiting until someone leaves. I know some shooters who will stay there all day. You might not ever get on the range. Another thing in the email... they won't let you in if you don't have cleaning supplies like disinfectant wipes & sprays & paper towels. Shooters are to clean anything they touch. That part is not a hassle, it's the considerate thing to do.
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

Prospector Bob link wrote: I'm pretty much resigned to be cooped up here at home except when it's absolutely necessary to go out. I wanted to go do some shooting at the rifle range but there's gonna be a big hassle getting on the range so I won't go. In an email, the club officers said they're only allowing five members on the range at any one time. That means there will be a line of cars outside the gate waiting until someone leaves. I know some shooters who will stay there all day. You might not ever get on the range. Another thing in the email... they won't let you in if you don't have cleaning supplies like disinfectant wipes & sprays & paper towels. Shooters are to clean anything they touch. That part is not a hassle, it's the considerate thing to do.
They should limit shooter to 1 hr
A Lady can ask any price and the client can always walk. If you accept her offer it's on you so don't bitch about it!
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

Chuckar chaser link wrote: Being at work everyday is bothering the hell out of me. Having contact with people from several different communities I know it's just a matter of time before I get or spread this around to others. I do not think this virus is being taken seriously enough by everyone.
Wash your hands often, wipe with disinfectant wipes & don’t touch people, you’ll be good
A Lady can ask any price and the client can always walk. If you accept her offer it's on you so don't bitch about it!
TC
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by TC »

I am envious that you get to work. My work is closed but I am still employed...so I am not working and not getring paid, but I cant collect unemployment. In fact, if anyone wants to venmo me I am a nice lady who is in pretty desperate straits.

Meanwhile I am looking into any remote/freelance work. But that is not easy to get instantly.
MrTShirt
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by MrTShirt »

The Mighty Peanut link wrote: I am envious that you get to work. My work is closed but I am still employed...so I am not working and not getring paid, but I cant collect unemployment. In fact, if anyone wants to venmo me I am a nice lady who is in pretty desperate straits.

Meanwhile I am looking into any remote/freelance work. But that is not easy to get instantly.
1)  What kind of work are you proficient in?
2)  For everyone, some places are actually looking for employees (likely only temporary):
https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Walgr ... 55901.html
(Walgreens is a national chain, I believe, so some folks may be interested.)
TC
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by TC »

MrTShirt link wrote: 1)  What kind of work are you proficient in?
2)  For everyone, some places are actually looking for employees (likely only temporary):
https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Walgr ... 55901.html
(Walgreens is a national chain, I believe, so some folks may be interested.)
I have two jobs I am currently prohibited from working for--one as a technical writer, and one as a billing analyst for online educational curriculum. I am used to working 80 hour weeks.

I have applied to a variety of less-than-living-wage jobs such as walgreens, rite aid, kroger, meijer, Aldi, trader joe's, whole foods, CVS, the census, four pet stores, a dollar store, every gas station in town, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I am not sure this is even a good idea, since I have not been let go from my current job. But it certainly is not me refusing to work. I am only hoping to work remotely to limit spread and danger of catching the virus.
Last edited by TC on Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicagobob
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by Chicagobob »

I've been teaching online for about one week now and it's going well.  I do miss the interaction with my students, but I fully understand the need for isolation right now.  I guess some of that comes from being at risk myself and not wanting to hurt others.  I just wish more people would take this seriously.  I even gave up my plans for mongering over Spring Break!  :(
It's more about the journey than the destination!
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

Chicagobob link wrote: I've been teaching online for about one week now and it's going well.  I do miss the interaction with my students, but I fully understand the need for isolation right now.  I guess some of that comes from being at risk myself and not wanting to hurt others.  I just wish more people would take this seriously.  I even gave up my plans for mongering over Spring Break!  :(
Oh shit! You know CB is serious if he gave up his mongering plans!
rachelvarga
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!
Twitter: http://x.com/rachelbombx

Post by rachelvarga »

sgtaliin9150 link wrote: I wish more people had this mindset. I love my job as a truck driver. Never did I think I would have to worry about ordinary people harassing me for the freight in my trailer.

On the other hand, I've never had so many people thank me for the job that I do. Normally, truck drivers are viewed as second class citizens and treated pretty poorly. It's sad to see that an event like this occur for people to see how critical truck drivers and other "low" class professions are all the time.

The idiot hoarders have made it hard for me to keep supplies in my truck. The last walmart I went to was completely out of paper towels, dry foods, water, and cleanser. They had frozen food and while I do have a fridge in my truck, it is small, not a freezer, and frozen goods go bad quicker.

Today, I am picking up a 45000 pound load of flour, which is about the maximum weight i can legally pull, from Montana, going to Sacremento, CA. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned because that's another product people have been hording.

Thanks for your words Rachel. Be safe everyone, and stay at home please.
What will we learn from this video kids? Don't brake check a big truck. I wonder how stupid they feel when they get hit, have to pull over, and talk to the driver, and explain to the police that they did something that stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL5p-Sp4xUI

By the way what is the proper term? big rig, 18-wheeler, or what?
Lomez
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by Lomez »

Rachel Varga link wrote: Okay,  so this is something that bothers me.

I just became a citizen and I swore an oath to this country, those born here are under that oath too. It's a social contract. I believe we as citizens have a duty to this country. That is to defend and do whatever it takes to keep it together.

Truck drivers do their duty, utility workers do theirs, and all other essential service workers do theirs. It is everyone elses duty to not spread this virus. The country uses an economy dependent on the spending of money and right now very little is flowing. It's everyone's duty to minimize this so we don't collapse. People think only the military has duties but it's not just them.

" that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law. "
That is the civilian duty. Right now that duty is pretty easy. Go home and wait for now.  It just burns me up when I see people on the beach or out doing stuff that is not needed. This means that brothels are not essential right now. No one can convince me otherwise.

I went home so that I would not get this and pass to another which might kill somone. Especially an elderly person. If I get sick it adds to the misery. That was my duty, to get in and not pass it. That is my duty and I take it serious.

Everyone else should too so why are you out asking truck drivers what they are hauling? Because you don't cherish your citizenship and and spit all over it.

Toilet paper. Pffft. Wipe your ass with a leaf like humans did for millions of years.
Thank you Rachel. Your attitude and approach speaks well of you now and in the future.
Florida Couple
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Florida Couple »

I agree with everything you said.  I will say that many American's take their citizenship for granted.  My wife became a Citizen after 10 years of marriage. 

We stay at home other than work, picking up supplies for home or the office, and sometimes getting take away from small local restaurants.  The governor in Florida waited until after Spring Break to shut down the beaches.. now many of the kids are coming down with Covid.  I guess beer sales are important / hotel bookings.

After this all ends I would encourage people here to shop in their local communities to help the people / tax base in your cities and counties.

Eat at local restaurants
Buy supplies from local stores / whole sale clubs
Go through checkout lines with a human versus self scanning
Buy insurance from a local agent
etc.. etc..

This will help your communities rebound quicker from the recession to come.
Married Couple from Florida looking for fun.
Chicagobob
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by Chicagobob »

I'm doing my part to lower the curve during this crisis.  I've stopped using spit as a lubricant!  8)
It's more about the journey than the destination!