What Is A Derecho?

Everything about the brothel life is here.
MrTShirt
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

What Is A Derecho?

Post by MrTShirt »

A derecho is a hurricane with straight line winds.

Aug 10, there was one in the Midwest that was 70 miles wide and 700 miles long, starting in S. Dakota,  going through Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and ending in Ohio.

The local county had 97% of customers lose power.  The local city had 50% of the trees either damages or destroyed. Every street is lined with branches on the curb higher than a car.  The city will take 2 months to remove all the dead wood.  And then there will be all the non-tree piles from damaged houses.  (If one had a wood burning fireplace, they could collect 10 years of wood for free.)

My state has 14 million acres of crop land damaged or destroyed.

I was without power for 10 days and without internet for 24 days.

The various government and private recovery organizations that came to assist were saying this destruction was equal to or worst than what they had experienced in over 20 years in the hurricane areas.

The federal government has approved close to $4 billion in recovery assistance.

An interesting sidelight was that the local power company was going to take their time to restore power on the cheap.  The governor kicked them in the butt to speed them up.  (Too many details to discuss here.)
Cobia
5000 Posts!
5000 Posts!

Post by Cobia »

I had a power problem for 14 day here after Harvey hit us.  There were no generators for sale for miles around.
If you don't like the way I'm livin then leave this long haired country boy alone.
Highlander
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by Highlander »

MrTShirt link wrote: A derecho is a hurricane with straight line winds.
False. Hurricanes form with circular winds and over water by definition. NOT straight over land. Your statement was just as accurate as all your voodoo medicine posts.

Highlander
ATF - "There can be only one"
MrTShirt
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by MrTShirt »

Highlander link wrote: False. Hurricanes form with circular winds and over water by definition. NOT straight over land. Your statement was just as accurate as all your voodoo medicine posts.

Highlander
Take your silly arguments up with the weathermen and NOAA.
MrTShirt
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by MrTShirt »

By the way, the winds were clocked at 126 mph and estimated by the National Weather Service at 140 mph.
Highlander
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by Highlander »

MrTShirt link wrote: By the way, the winds were clocked at 126 mph and estimated by the National Weather Service at 140 mph.
The phrase “hurricane force winds” DOES NOT mean it was a hurricane. Just that the winds were equal to that of a hurricane.

Highlander
MrTShirt
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by MrTShirt »

Highlander link wrote: The phrase “hurricane force winds” DOES NOT mean it was a hurricane. Just that the winds were equal to that of a hurricane.

Highlander
Looks like someone missed grade school discussion about what is an "analogy".

Isn't it obvious the meteorologists would use a term that most people are familiar with to describe a term most people are not familiar with.

I trust you are already calling all the meteorologists and all the meteorological schools and all the government weather agencies about "your revelation".

The rest of the public won't call anyone because they understood that what I said was obvious. 
Highlander
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by Highlander »

MrTShirt link wrote: A derecho is a hurricane with straight line winds.
MrTShirt link wrote: Looks like someone missed grade school discussion about what is an "analogy".
I don't see any form of an analogy in your post. It is clearly a statement. If you had added a couple properly placed words it could be, but not as currently constructed.

Ex. "A derecho is like a hurricane but with straight line winds."

Highlander
Prospector Bob
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Prospector Bob »

Where did this term," Derecho," for straight line, high velocity winds come from? In Spanish derecho has multiple meanings like rights, as in animal or human rights, fees, taxes & customs duties. It can also mean the location of right side body parts like right eye or right leg. It can also mean you're sitting on the right side of a sofa, driving on the right side of a road or floating down the right side of a river. The closest meaning to straight winds is vertical straightness like the straight seams of women's stockings. It can also mean duties, laws, rules & principles of society we are all bound to follow.

Here's my take: Loosely, derecho means directions... to the right or up & down or principles (laws) to follow. Thusly, and still loosely, straight line winds are following a particular direction & might be interpreted as "Derecho."  : :)
Last edited by Prospector Bob on Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
Wildfire
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by Wildfire »

Highlander link wrote: False. Hurricanes form with circular winds and over water by definition. NOT straight over land. Your statement was just as accurate as all your voodoo medicine posts.

Highlander

LOL!  Maybe brothel life does need a fight club. :o
Chicagobob
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by Chicagobob »

Wildfire link wrote:
I think you guys all need to get laid!  You're appearing a tad grouchy lately.  I had 5 parties last week during my sweep of the West.  I feel like doing a happy dance.  Don't forget our get together down south in October!
It's more about the journey than the destination!
Lee
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Lee »

Chicagobob link wrote: I think you guys all need to get laid!  You're appearing a tad grouchy lately.  I had 5 parties last week during my sweep of the West.  I feel like doing a happy dance.  Don't forget our get together down south in October!
5? Niiiiiiiice!!!

(yea, everybody could use a good fuck - or 10)
Slednx
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Slednx »

Highlander link wrote: Your statement was just as accurate as all your voodoo medicine posts.

Highlander
Lol...so true
Relentless pursuit of fresh pow and beautiful women!
rachelvarga
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!
Twitter: http://x.com/rachelbombx

Post by rachelvarga »

Wildfire link wrote:

Nah, I am Fight CLub!
MrTShirt
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by MrTShirt »

The NOAA did their storm assessment rankings.  Looks like the midwest derecho was among the top.

https://www.kcrg.com/2020/10/17/august- ... ince-1980/

Keep in mind that many of these area wide disasters - whether floods, hurricanes, derechos - can take up to 10 years to recover (or more).  A flood locally 12 years ago prompted the effort to build flood walls.  They are still at it.