I managed to stir up an anti sex work hornets nest on Twitter…

Everything about the brothel life is here.
OldNick999
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

I managed to stir up an anti sex work hornets nest on Twitter…

Post by OldNick999 »

A couple of weeks ago, I disagreed with a post I saw on Twitter that was retweeted by a sexy worker. I spoke up and shared my opinions about how a trip to a brothel saved my life and then…

…A GODDAMN SWARM OF HORNETS ATTACKED!!!!

I got called creepy, deranged, was told “I need help,” was told I’m literally ruining other people’s lives, and that if I was suffering from depression, then the only socially acceptable thing for me to do was commit suicide.

I had a bit of a break, but tonight, the hornets are still buzzing. Amazing how a difference of opinion will bring attacks on a total stranger.
JimDiGriz
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by JimDiGriz »

"I got called creepy, deranged, was told “I need help,”"

The name calling notwithstanding, they want you to get help so at least their heart's in the right place

"if I was suffering from depression, then the only socially acceptable thing for me to do was commit suicide."

or not!
niceguy eddie
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by niceguy eddie »

There is a reason why I don't participate in twitter. I can't see any good in arguing with a bunch of people who I don't know and can't stand and have different opinions.
OldNick999
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by OldNick999 »

JimDiGriz wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:52 pm "I got called creepy, deranged, was told “I need help,”"

The name calling notwithstanding, they want you to get help so at least their heart's in the right place

"if I was suffering from depression, then the only socially acceptable thing for me to do was commit suicide."

or not!
I have had those thoughts a long time ago. I don’t have them anymore. My 20s were a dark time for me.
OldNick999
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by OldNick999 »

niceguy eddie wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:12 pm There is a reason why I don't participate in twitter. I can't see any good in arguing with a bunch of people who I don't know and can't stand and have different opinions.
I had a respite for a week, but now the hornets are back. I even got called a rapist! What the fuck?! They’re up to harassment now. I’m either gonna go in a blocking spree or delete my profile and start a new one…which I really don’t want to do.
OldNick999
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by OldNick999 »

I ended up deleting the tweet. I’m done with the harassment and bullying.
Daredevil
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by Daredevil »

FBI3SFMVkBsUdBd.jpg
FBI3SFMVkBsUdBd.jpg (64.14 KiB) Viewed 2089 times
rachelvarga
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!
Twitter: http://x.com/rachelbombx

Post by rachelvarga »

Twitter is so full of hateful people that it's not even funny. I find it amusing how Twitter users rail on Facebook for being full of hate. Those people have no power. They try to boycott companies but those companies are starting to realize that they can whether these people easily by just waiting them out until they move on to some other self righteous bullshit.

Forums are a better structure but will never be popular again because a forum is like a village. The other people are there for a similar topic and if you want to be part of that you have to behave. If you can't behave then you get kicked out of the village. Also they tend to be smaller and more easier to regulate.

Social media has almost no regulation. Sure you can mute people but there is no way to really just kick them out. Facebook has groups but it's not the same. You can ban someone and then they can have another person report you for hate or bullying and you can then get banned from any admin tools. It's super nuts.

Those places are not any more real than Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. They are going to push things to a point where there will be no anonymity. They will push it to the point that everything you write will be identifiable to your person. It's coming.
RoxyGold
Verified Supergirl
Verified Supergirl

Post by RoxyGold »

OldNick999 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:02 pm
JimDiGriz wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:52 pm "I got called creepy, deranged, was told “I need help,”"

or not!
I have had those thoughts a long time ago. I don’t have them anymore. My 20s were a dark time for me.
Everyone who says “your 20s are the best part of your life” I feel like hitting with something. Like, my car.
Jack Rackham
Noob
Noob

Post by Jack Rackham »

I've always found it interesting for those of us who choose to participate in LPIN, just how normal and healthy it really is. I've never considered it an aberration at all. Unfortunately tho, the culture just never seems to accept it and change - they will always consider us to be immoral sickos and that probably won't change anytime soon.

I think a lot of it frankly is just fear of the unknown and if these people actually experienced it for themselves (perhaps many of them deep down inside WANT TO but won't admit it lol) they would see just how normal, safe, and even fun it can be. But to have a constructive conversation about LPIN is just always a losing battle. I’ve just given up on that. You'll never win with the zealots who think you'll go to hell for something normal that our bodies are designed for. Something that's been that way from the beginning of the human race.
Florida Couple
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Florida Couple »

Twitter can be a cesspool. We've been attacked on twitter too for completely weird reasons. Much in translation and nuance is gone in writing. Your good Nick :) Just ignore them.
Daredevil
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by Daredevil »

Fuck those people.