Remember the late, great Flyfisher

Everything about the brothel life is here.
RunningSquirrel
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Remember the late, great Flyfisher

Post by RunningSquirrel »

My close friend, Arrowhead, had started a thread on the S-i-N board remembering that it's been about a year since Flyfisher passed and thought if others wished to commemorate him, it'd be a nice time to do it so extending the thought here. Never met him personally and wasn't much of a player then to qualify as a "KSF," but he was always the one whose prose was one to take notice.
Midwest Couple
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by Midwest Couple »

We were only members of the community for a short time before Fly passed - but the man could make an impression. 

We didn't have any idea of the iconic presence that he had among you mongers, but he put out one of our most valuable posts ever as it addressed the price debate in a totally non offensive and threatening way and encouraged us to jump in, with a bit of flyspeak thrown in for flair.  We've quoted him many times in our personal emails we receive from others with questions on getting involved. 

RIP FlyFisher .... you're remembered and appreciated by many of us who never had an opportunity to formally meet you! 
We are here considering the screen name "Iron-Couple".
niceguy eddie
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by niceguy eddie »

He was a very active brothel goer and embraced the lifestyle.  He lived in Northern California and would often drive to Reno/Carson City for the weekend and crash at IB's place in between Brothel visits.

I first met him on the old georiapowers.net messageboard which later became gppays.com which later became sex-in-nevada messageboard.  It was October of 1998 and the board had less posters and was more cohesive, so it was easier to get to know people.[/size]Fly was a voracious writer in his own unique style.[/size]
I was new to brothels and Fly was one of the people who took me under his wing and shared a lot of info with me.  We spent a lot of time chatting on ICQ instant messenger.  I finally got to meet him at CWMC3 in 1999. 

At one point he and Arctic Bear (R.I.P.) had a messageboard (Nevada Brothel Times) and worked on a guide book that listed houses with pictures of the houses and the ladies--The Nevada Brothel Bible.  It also had general information about the brothel experience and what you need to know.  It was a slick, magazine like publication.  I believe they even went to AVN to sell copies.  I think it was mostly Arctic Bear's idea.  I think the plan was to have a magazine that they published irregularly, but they only published one issue.[/size]
Last edited by niceguy eddie on Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Mikey »

I always considered Fly the Mark Twain of LPIN, in the way he could wax poetically about his brothel exploits. One of the best times I ever had was an evening spent with Fly and Chay after the CWMC V banquet, smoking the ganga and shootin' the breeze. He was one of a kind, and he is missed.
Mimsy Were the Borogoves
niceguy eddie
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by niceguy eddie »

The Mark Twain of LPIN.  I like that, Mikey.  Maybe mix some Hunter Thompson in.