FOSTA

Everything about the brothel life is here.
rachelvarga
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!
Twitter: http://x.com/rachelbombx

FOSTA

Post by rachelvarga »

We may have to shut down the forum. I am talking with Q and consulting outside parties if we have any way to stay up. We need both sites so we are not fighting. If we have to shut down then this will become a blog. I have some ideas that steer clear of that stupid FOSTA bullshit but we'll have to wait and see.

I will let you know and please message me if you have questions.

RV

PS. I will show ZERO love to people like HOF that are supporting FOSTA and to anyone that knows the real reason why I quit and turned a blind eye to what happened, even when I had the emails to prove it.
Last edited by rachelvarga on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

Lomez link wrote: On the surface you're right. But no president is going to veto/pocket veto a "perceived" sex trafficking bill six months before the midterms.
I agree but Trump is like no Pres before. So say he marches to his own drum is an understatement.
Until it’s signed I’m holding out hope
A Lady can ask any price and the client can always walk. If you accept her offer it's on you so don't bitch about it!
adventurer
Noob
Noob

Post by adventurer »

Lomez link wrote: On the surface you're right. But no president is going to veto/pocket veto a "perceived" sex trafficking bill six months before the midterms.
This is also a reason why it passed by large margins in the house and Senate.  If congressperson said and voted against because of concerns about an unfair intrusion on 1st amendment rights, or concerns that this may increase more death and victims, that person would be branded as pro sex trafficking
rachelvarga
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by rachelvarga »

The moment it is signed there will be tons of lawsuits from EFF, ACLU, and more. Probably trying to get an injunction.
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

Rachel Varga link wrote: The moment it is signed there will be tons of lawsuits from EFF, ACLU, and more. Probably trying to get an injunction.
That’s when the real fight begins, it will be interesting
A Lady can ask any price and the client can always walk. If you accept her offer it's on you so don't bitch about it!
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

This has been mentioned on the other board by Louis and I think it’s good advice

Keep all discussion on this board to legal activity only. Don’t even compare to illegal things.
If all we discuss is what is legal we are removing any reason for this board to be taken down.
Last edited by SixT9er on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
rachelvarga
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by rachelvarga »

Anyone care to elaborate?

(Sec. 3) The bill amends the federal criminal code to add a new section that imposes penalties—a fine, a prison term of up to 10 years, or both—on a person who, using a facility or means of interstate or foreign commerce, owns, manages, or operates an interactive computer service (or attempts or conspires to do so) to promote or facilitate the prostitution of another person.[/size]
[/size]Additionally, it establishes enhanced penalties—a fine, a prison term of up to 25 years, or both—for a person who commits the offense in one of the following aggravating circumstances: (1) promotes or facilitates the prostitution of five or more persons, or (2) acts with reckless disregard that such conduct contributes to sex trafficking.[/size]
[/size]A person injured by an aggravated offense may recover damages and attorneys' fees in a federal civil action.[/size]
[/size]A court must order mandatory restitution, in addition to other criminal or civil penalties, for an aggravated offense in which a person acts with reckless disregard that such conduct contributes to sex trafficking.[/size]
[/size]A defendant may assert, as an affirmative defense, that the promotion or facilitation of prostitution is legal in the jurisdiction where it was targeted.[/size]

Definition:
[/size]An [/size][/size]affirmative defense[/size][/size] to a civil lawsuit or criminal charge is a fact or set of facts other than those alleged by the plaintiff or prosecutor which, if proven by the defendant, defeats or mitigates the legal consequences of the defendant's otherwise unlawful conduct.[/size]
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

This legalese gives me a headache.

Please explain in language a dummy like me can understand then I might be able to comment
Zedshead
Noob
Noob

Post by Zedshead »

Wow. Rachel, this is copied from the actual legislation? As I read it (and my grasp of legalese is tenuous at best), the law does not apply to legal prostitution. Which is obviously a HUGE sigh of relief for all of us. Of course, getting real legal counsel before deciding what to do would still be required.

Other thoughts on this?

A bombshell by the Bomb. Fits, doesn't it.
Dr. Who
250 Posts!
250 Posts!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DW_TheTimeLord

Post by Dr. Who »

A defendant may assert, as an affirmative defense, that the promotion or facilitation of prostitution is legal in the jurisdiction where it was targeted.
I'm not a lawyer, but since this board is promoting LPIN in those counties where it's legal, if you were targeted by the Feds for some reason, it sounds like you can use that defense in your favor.  You're not doing anything illegal. 

However, the web host and board owner are going to be held accountable for the content and activities that go on here from what I understand.  If a member happens to be implicated in something that violates FOSTA without your knowledge, that could make you and the web host targets.

Another concern is whether web hosts will be willing to take risks in hosting sites that pertain to LPIN or will they play it safe and no longer allow any adult oriented content, even if it's legal.
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

If you can be held responsible for things you don’t know about then disabling the pm system seems to be a good idea
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

I just saw where it was presented to Trump on the 3rd. This means a pocket veto is not an option as Congress will be back tomorrow 9th which would only be 6 days. So if he doesn’t sign it, it will still become law because if he doesn’t outright veto it while Congress is in session it will become law with or without his signature

Bummer
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

Looking pretty clear Trump will just let it become law without his signature then let the matter be settled in court
Slednx
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Slednx »

SixT9er link wrote: Looking pretty clear Trump will just let it become law without his signature then let the matter be settled in court

He SIGNED it into law today.
Relentless pursuit of fresh pow and beautiful women!
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

Slednx link wrote:
He SIGNED it into law today.
Of course, right after I posted that comment! Lol
kappa
Noob
Noob

Post by kappa »

I'm no lawyer, but an IT geek, and I'll tell you what I know from the technical side of things, the law won't stop what it's after in the form of blocking/outlawing the websites.

TOR is still a big thing, as well as the dark web.  It took the US govt several years to shut down the silk road, and that was drugs, weapon and organ sales.  They only took it down because the guy made a couple of mistakes and they identified him because of that.

Places like Backpage will show up on the darkweb, or pages already there doing it will become more popular.

There will be a lull in traffic until people find it, now that backpage and craigslist are offline, but people will find a way.

It's really no different than pirating tv/movie, etc, govt shuts a site down, and the traffic shifts.

Rachel, I'm glad you are being cautious here, better safe than sorry.

If anyone has questions on any of this or want a better explanation, I'll do the best I can.
Feel free to email me since PM's are off.
niceguy eddie
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by niceguy eddie »

kappa link wrote:

Places like Backpage will show up on the darkweb, or pages already there doing it will become more popular.

Well then, some of us will have to discover how to use the Dark Web.

It will be just like when some people discovered the Internet for the first time and discovered LPIN online websites.
Slednx
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Slednx »

Dark web sounds so scary. Where do u log in at, do I need a special computer?
Relentless pursuit of fresh pow and beautiful women!
rachelvarga
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by rachelvarga »

I locked this topic. Dark web and logging in while talking about independent girls is not advisable.