The best cover songs performed my your favorite bands/artists.

Everything about the brothel life is here.
Slednx
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

The best cover songs performed my your favorite bands/artists.

Post by Slednx »

List them, the best covers. The song followed by the band covering it, followed by original artist. All genres are fine, I like the heavy stuff and my list obviously is from that.

1. "Sound of Silence" by Disturbed. Original artist- Simon and Garfunkel

2. "Hurt" by Johnny Cash. Original artist- Nine Inch Nails

3. "Simple Man" by Shinedown. Original artist- Leonard Skynyrd

4. "Stripped" by Rammstein. Original artist- Depeche Mode

5. "Bad Company" by Five Finger Death Punch. Original artist- Bad Company
Relentless pursuit of fresh pow and beautiful women!
raving loon
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by raving loon »

Turn the Page-Metallica/Bob Seger
Knockin on Heaven's Door-Guns N Roses/Bob Dylan
Man who sold the world-Nirvanna/David Bowie
Smooth Criminal-Alien Ant Farm/Michael Jackson
Halestorm did an entire album of cover of cover songs not too long ago and are doing another I believe. They vary from fantastic (Gold Dust Woman/Fleetwood Mac) to meh.

Small list so far and I'm sure more will come to me the next time I'm sitting on the toilet pondering this ;D . Not all are favorite bands/musicians, but all at least had my respect. I do predict someone will mention "All along the Watch Tower".  ;)
Funmonger
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Funmonger »

1. In the Still of the Night by Aaron Neville on Red Hot and Blue Album of Cole Porter songs

2. Dance me to the End of Time (leonard Cohen song) covered by Madelliene Period

3. Oldie Doo Wops by Kenny Vance and Planetones redone: You Cheated, Over the Mountain, Oldies But Goodies, there are many others.

4. Here is mind blower: The Twist by Chubby Checker. That's right, the original was written and recorded by Hank Ballard and the Midnighters.

5. Cryin' by Roy Orbison, I like Don McClain's version which is similar to KD Langs and came before KD Lang but after the originator Roy Orbinson. I personally believe that KD modeled her rendition after Don Mc Clean's version. KD Land is good too.

6. Boz Skaggs doing "God Bless the Child" originally from Billie Holliday and Boz doing "Love Letters" originally a Ketty Lester hit.
    He also covers "Don't cry no more" very similar to Bobby Bland on the same album.

7. Ben Haggard, about 26 years old, is doing most of his late father Merle Haggard's Matterial and he us fantastic. Good guitar work too. He played on the road with his dad for eight years before he died.

8. Love the way Ronnie Spector (Be My Baby fame) does "Don't Worry Baby" by the Beach Boys. It was a song inspired by Be My Baby but originally Phil Spector wouldn't hear fo it so the Beach Boys who wrote it did it themselves. Later Ronnie Spector recorded it.

9. Charlie Chaplin's authored song "Smile " is timeless sung by Nat King Cole but later nicely done by his daughter Natalie Cole and later Michael Jackson. Some songs never get old.