When & How

Everything about the brothel life is here.
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

When & How

Post by SixT9er »

I mentioned in a different thread that I was aware of the Mustang Ranch as a teen growing up in Northern California. My dad was pretty cool about being open to talk about topics most parents won’t. I’m sure my friends learned a lot! Lol
As I said I grew up in NorCal and we would visit Reno a few times a year. I can’t remember what age I was, probably 10,11 when I heard about the Mustang. As I said in the other thread it wasn’t until my mid 40’s though before I actually went to a Brothel which was the Wild Horse (Current Mustang)

How old were you when you first heard of Nevada Brothels? How did you hear about them? How long after you heard about them did you visit?
Last edited by SixT9er on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Lady can ask any price and the client can always walk. If you accept her offer it's on you so don't bitch about it!
Chicagobob
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by Chicagobob »

I was 28 years old.  It was The Mustang, back in my roadie days - I was just driving by  : :)
It's more about the journey than the destination!
Mikey
250 Posts!
250 Posts!

Post by Mikey »

I first became aware of them in 1968, when my squadron deployed to NAS Fallon, for gunnery exercises. I didn't go on the deployment, but the guys talked about the brothels when came back. I didn't actually go to one till 1982.
Mimsy Were the Borogoves
Dr. Who
250 Posts!
250 Posts!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DW_TheTimeLord

Post by Dr. Who »

Up until the early-mid 1990's, I thought prostitution was illegal in all 50 states!  It wasn't until I saw a story on TV about some legal brothels just outside of Las Vegas that I found out that prostitution was legal in some areas of Nevada.  I think that story aired on the news magazine show 20/20.

About 5 yrs later in 2000 (I was about 44 yrs old at the time), I had to attend a conference in Vegas for work and was surfing the net for things to do in Vegas, other than gambling.  That was also my first trip to Sin City!  Anywho, I stumbled upon Blake Willfong's website which had info on the Chicken Ranch and the southern brothels which peaked my curiosity ...needless to say, the rest is history! ;D
RunningSquirrel
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by RunningSquirrel »

There used to be a major photo journal magazine called Look (along with Life) that thrived in the mid 20th Century til the late 70s/early 80s (serious topics gave way to lightweight fluff like People Magazine). An article called "The Peddling of Sex" featured the old Mustang Ranch run by Joe Conforte--pretty intriguing to a then-horny adolescent in yours truly. It wouldn't be till a few years later when we were "of age," that I and a friend dared make the drive down a dirt road marked by crudely-spray painted arrows on rocks to a big pink trailer (not even thinking about going inside) that was the Mustang Ranch but then nearly another decade-and-a-half before finally stepping inside the old pre-fire Sagebrush.