Indoor cardio workouts

Everything about the brothel life is here.
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Indoor cardio workouts

Post by SixT9er »

I’ve been trying to lose weight and get in shape. During the summer 3 days a week I’d go on 1 hr+ walks and the other 3 days I’d go on 1hr+ bike rides. Later I’d substitute a bike ride for a mountain hike of around 3 hrs. I can say that this has resulted in 30+ lbs lost and lower blood pressure and all around better quality of life.

Now it’s winter and I can’t do my outside activities so I’m forced inside to the gym. The good thing about the gym is now I can start working in my upper body muscles again as they were neglected over the summer the bad thing is everything I do in the gym cardio wise is such a drudge! A half hr in the stationary bike feels like 2hrs! The treadmill is the same. I listen to audiobooks but time still goes so slowly in the gym! I will of course continue on with it all as I have committed to getting healthy but I sure wish it weren’t so damn boring! Lol
A Lady can ask any price and the client can always walk. If you accept her offer it's on you so don't bitch about it!
Lomez
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by Lomez »

It takes too long to get your heart rate up on a bike, treadmill, stepper, etc.

Here's what I do: I start with a nonstop circuit of 20 kettlebell swings, 15-20 side bends with the kettlebell, 15-20 pushups, and skip rope 20-30 times. Rest a minute, then repeat the cycle three more times. Then I get on the cross trainer or other gear with my heart rate up, go 45 seconds hard, followed by 1:15 normal speed, and cycle that for 20 minutes. Weight loss, tone, and endurance.
MrTShirt
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by MrTShirt »

SixT9er link wrote: ....I will of course continue on with it all as I have committed to getting healthy but I sure wish it weren’t so damn boring! Lol
I know.  I always have the solution.
Just exercise with a sexy lady.  :P
SixT9er
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by SixT9er »

Lomez, for me it’s no problem getting my heart rate up fast. An extra 100lbs does that!

T Shirt, every chance I get!
A Lady can ask any price and the client can always walk. If you accept her offer it's on you so don't bitch about it!
billwh
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by billwh »

SixT9er link wrote: I’ve been trying to lose weight and get in shape. During the summer 3 days a week I’d go on 1 hr+ walks and the other 3 days I’d go on 1hr+ bike rides. Later I’d substitute a bike ride for a mountain hike of around 3 hrs. I can say that this has resulted in 30+ lbs lost and lower blood pressure and all around better quality of life.

Now it’s winter and I can’t do my outside activities so I’m forced inside to the gym. The good thing about the gym is now I can start working in my upper body muscles again as they were neglected over the summer the bad thing is everything I do in the gym cardio wise is such a drudge! A half hr in the stationary bike feels like 2hrs! The treadmill is the same. I listen to audiobooks but time still goes so slowly in the gym! I will of course continue on with it all as I have committed to getting healthy but I sure wish it weren’t so damn boring! Lol

I live in the Chicago area and still walk year round. In fact I prefer any season other than summer because I don't like the heat. I never really cared for treadmills or bikes or any cardio indoors.

In addition to 1 hr - 1 1/2 hour walks I lift moderate weights 3x a week. It's important to keep it moderate as you get older, I tore a rotator cuff 6 years ago that still bothers me somewhat to this day. I did that by NOT being moderate.
MrTShirt
1000 Posts!
1000 Posts!

Post by MrTShirt »

billwh link wrote: ...I tore a rotator cuff 6 years ago that still bothers me somewhat to this day....
What I hear about joint treatment is that the shoulder is the worst for recovery (compared to hip and knee).
billwh
50 Posts!
50 Posts!

Post by billwh »

MrTShirt link wrote: What I hear about joint treatment is that the shoulder is the worst for recovery (compared to hip and knee).

I've done everything except get surgery because my arm would be in a sling for at least six weeks, and living alone and taking care of myself - or trying to - that ain't gonna work. Even WITH surgery, there is no guarantee they can fix it 100% and there is a long recovery of physical therapy.

So, I've been to chiropractors, physical therapists, given various exercises, which I have kept up with and I get only temporary relief.

Oh, about my dedication to exercise - today I walked a total of an hour and a half - in the rain. Only if it's pouring down really heavily or if the temperature is below 10 degrees will I not walk outside. To me exercise is an addiction, one of the few good addictions I've had!